Mint Mocha… a delightful combination of coffee, chocolate and mint! Mint Coffee beans are now amongst our selection of flavoured coffees and work great for drinks like this! An indulgent blend of expertly roasted arabica beans and cooling peppermint that is enjoyable on its own but also as a base for exciting drink concoctions.
Here we will show you how to use it to make your own mint mocha. Why pay a fortune for expensive drinks from coffee shops when you can create them at home for a fraction of the price?
How to make a Mint Mocha:
You will need :
- 1 small saucepan
- 10-15 grams Mint Coffee
- 170 ml milk ( dairy or dairy free )
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Whipped Cream to (top if you wish)
- Brew 170 ml of the mint coffee and pop to one side for now.
- In the small saucepan heat the milk, cocoa and sugar. Warm until small bubbles appear and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Stir in your coffee and the vanilla extract.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a cup.
- Add the whipped cream and some chocolate shavings or any extra toppings you like.
Mint Mocha Tips and Tricks
- You can use any milk you wish, dairy or dairy free both work. Almond Milk works really well with this recipe.
- If you want to make a skinny version, use a lower fat milk (1 or 2%) and replace the sugar with your sweetener of choice.
- You can have a play around with amounts- maybe you like more or less sugar or cocoa, more coffee etc. Try different ratios til you find what you like.
- This recipe is delicious served hot or you could leave it to cool, throw some ice in and serve it as a refreshing iced coffee when the weather warms up. Find out more about making amazing iced coffees in our how to make iced coffees blog post.
- You could try using white chocolate if you prefer. Both kinds mix well with mint!