We recently started stocking a range of Hemp Tea’s and they have already proved to be extremely popular and effective!
With CBD being one of the fastest growing industries around maybe you’ve heard of some the benefits it can provide. But what can hemp tea do to improve your lifestyle? Read on to find out what it is, about the properties it has and which blends we have available….
What is Hemp Tea?
Originating in Central Asia, the hemp plant has long been used for it’s medicinal and industrial uses ( such as rope, paper, building material etc).
It contains psychoactive compounds called cannabinoids, which effect the body in different ways. Hemp tea is made by steeping the buds of the hemp plant in water. This releases the active compounds into the water.
If you are worried that drinking it will make you feel intoxicated, stoned or high no need to worry . For hemp to be legal and included in our tea blends, it must be free of or contain less than 3% of the THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) compound which is responsible for those effects. So although it is an extremely relaxing drink, it is not intoxicating in the same way that smoking marijuana is.
Why is consuming hemp tea good for you? As well as containing natural vitamins, minerals and antioxidants the cannabonid compounds found in the hemp leaf provide a host of other benefits.
- Anxiety – hemp tea is fantastic for reducing anxiety and helping you relax! This is one of the main reasons we recommend it to people.
- Regulating sleep – Do you have trouble dropping off to sleep or suffer with insomnia? Try having a cup of a caffeine free hemp tea before bed. It is perfect for winding down at the end of the day.
- Reducing inflammation– some studies suggest the cannabinoids in hemp can help ease inflammation and the discomfort caused by it.
- Digestion– The anti inflammatory properties hemp tea mean it can aid digestion. By reducing inflammation in the gut it eases the digestion process.
- Mood– while cannabinoids don’t increase the production of serotonin (the chemical responsible for mood regulation) . It does effect how our body reacts to the serotonin already present in our bodies. Meaning less low moods and anxiety.
- Lower blood pressure – Have a high blood pressure ? It may be worth drinking a few cups of hemp tea each day as it can lower it slightly.
- Enjoyment & Mindfulness– With so many delicious and tasty blends available it is a treat for all your senses. Drinking it can be an extremely enjoyable habit to get into.
Our Hemp Lemon Fruit Infusion contains enough hemp leaves and citrus to be relaxing as well as a refreshing. The citrus hit comes from zesty dried lemon and orange peel. A little apple offers just enough sweetness to round off the flavour nicely!
A beautiful blend of green tea leaves, hemp leaves and chunky mango pieces. Calming, delicate and sweet! This blend does contain caffeine naturally from the green tea. Best brewed at a temperature of 75 – 85 degrees for 3 minutes.
Our wonderfully colourful sweet blend contains a mix of hemp leaves, fruit pieces and herbs like camomile and fennel. This is one of our caffeine free hemp blends. We would really recommend this one for last thing in the day to help wind down. Also great for any time you are experiencing stress.
Our hemp chai blend offers the classic taste sensation of black tea with delicious chai spices. It contains cinnamon and peppercorns, and a modern twist which comes from the hemp and cocoa! This is a wonderfully warming, comforting tea with an earthy taste. Brew and enjoy on its own or add a dash of milk to creat a chai latte! There is some caffeine from the black tea so this is a perfect daytime beverage.
A myriad of delightful organic ingredients combine to create our sweet hemp blend! Sweet fennel and liquorice, refreshing mint and lemon verbena, pretty petals and of course… Hemp leaves!
This is a fantastically tasty caffeine free rooibos hemp blend which sees the super grain quinoa mix with the super fruit pomegranate! Delicious, healthy and suitable for all the family!
These are the hemp blends we have for now, we will have more exciting hemp blends arriving soon. Watch this space and keep an eye on our facebook page for more details!